Assassination Press

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Knight's Mailbag: Q and A (07/12/05)

Question:

Dear Knight,

Hi James, Funny post [Survivor: Florida] (as usual). I have looked for your RSS url, so I can turn it into a guest feed at my site. I require the url to convert it to javascript at: http://www.globalsyndication.com/rss-to-javascript
. Then I can make a banner and place it on my page(s) [The Pivot Point Post].

Sincerely,

EzineWriter


Answer:

EzineWriter,

I'm collecting links myself (I also collect bits of wisdom, humor, and Purple Mayonaisse).

In the very near future I will be adding reciprocal links to friends of Assassination Press. Here is my RSS feed....

http://assassinationpress.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Thanks for the link!



Question:

Dear Knight,

I was just on your blog and wanted to say nice work. I was also wondering who designed/hosts your banner, I recently saw it on BlogExplosions and thought it was pretty slick. Any tips would be appreciated. Cheers and happy blogging.

Sincerely,

Scott [LoveTheException]

Answer:

Scott,

Thanks for kind comments.

I design my own banners (and other multimedia content). I'm a software engineer in the real world. This virtual world I create for fun, good karma, and the occassional inflation of my already inflated ego (Don't worry, my significant other keeps me humble.....and a little crazy).

I would suggest getting proficient at Photoshop and Fireworks. These are two very good programs you can use together to create just about anything you can think of.

There is a steep learning curve initially, but once you've conquered it, you'll have a wealth of possibilities at your fingertips. There is plenty of information and tutorials that you can get for free on the Internet. Just google some keywords (i.e. GIF animation) and you'll get plenty of hits.

Alternatively, I would be happy to design/create a banner for you (or anyone else) with a small contribution to PETA on my website.



Question:

Dear Knight,

Damn you crack me up [Sunday Editorial: A Knight Without Shining Armor]! I'm gonna add that purple mayonnaise thing to my blog for sure! I'm curious as to how "lactating man with finger up my ass" happened to find your blog (was it the fingernail thing?) LOL! I'm also curious as to where you get your statistics...does blogger have those stats somewhere that I don't know about or do you use a service?

Sincerely,

Rowan [Rowan Rambles]

Answer:

Rowan,

Warning: the next few lines are a shameless attempt to get more freebies for Assassination Press!

I use several tools for analyzing traffic. They can be found at http://www.statcounter.com http://www.bloggingstats.com, and http://www.feedburner.com.

Warning: the next few lines are a shameless attempt to capture more keyword hits on Purple Mayonaisse!

BTW, thanks for putting the Purple Mayonaisse link and Purple Mayonaisse conversation on your blog! I've heard that Hellmann's is going to manufacture Purple Mayonaisse. Mmmmmm-mmmm. Purple Mayonaisse is definitely gathering more support from bloggers around the world. Did I mention Purple Mayonaisse?


James Knight regularly takes questions from his readers on a wide range of topics. If you have a question you’d like to ask, just email him.


Submit This Article To Del.icio.us
Submit This Article To Digg
Add to Technorati Favorites
Submit This Article To Blinklist
Submit This Article To Furl
Submit This Article To Reddit
Submit This Article To Newsvine
Stumble It!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi James!
Thanks for the RSS info.
I'll get this put on my site
tommorrow evening!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Its Me! said...

So do you really, really think I should stop eating meat? But I love it! Have you ever tasted that vegetarian stuff? I can't believe you'd choose that horrid stuff over a lovely roasted chicken sprinkled with curry...or a tender roast beef with rich gravy...or a juicy burger!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I told my son about that purple mayonnaise thing and a few minutes later I had to stop him...all ready with the blue and red food coloring and the mayo jar! True story, LOL!

1:31 AM  
Blogger LoveTheException said...

Thanks for the heads up about banners. I'm trying to sharpen my Fireworks skillz a bit more. I'll get back to you about a banner. Cheers.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://lcszkknx.com/hjeq/qgge.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://klrdiuiv.com/tplg/owkl.html]Cool site[/url]

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://lcszkknx.com/hjeq/qgge.html | http://ousteoyu.com/aoos/tffy.html

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




< Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.